Wednesday, July 9, 2008

More Workplace Fun and Games

Dear Milk,

I am unable to login into XXXXXXX and create my PIN. The login page is not being displayed properly. i.e. Username and Passcode textboxes are not displayed. Please give me a solution for creating PIN.


To which I replied:

When you go to the XXXXXX homepage, click on the link entitled "Click here to enter the XXXXXXXX Application" - this will then prompt you to enter your username and password.
Best regards,


I thought long and hard about signing that "Best retards" and trying to play it off as a slip.

Then about a week later...

Ok you guys remember the guy I ranted about last week because he ignored all the e-mails and had his priveleges revoked?

He called again.

His new token came in and he couldn't log in with it. I tried everything I could as and administrator to get him in. I spent an hour on the phone with him and a system security lead, trying to walk him through the steps to get him up and running. Tried everything I could think of *twice* to get this guy into the system.

Finally after an hour of my time is flushed down the toilet, it works.

It turns out he was trying to log in using the wrong application.

No comments:

Post a Comment